Useful External Websites

NHS Website

For advice, services and to download apps

Bereavement Advice Centre

This is a not-for-profit organisation which cover many topics including how to register a death; entitlement to death related benefits; if probate is needed and how to apply, and stopping junk mail.

Carer Support – The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire


Cervical Screening

The NHS Cervical Screening Programme

The following charity websites also provide information about cervical screening which may be helpful:

Cancer Research UK

Colds and Flu

Follow the link for useful information on what to do if you or a member of your family has a cold or flu

Mental Health Counselling and Mental Health Information

You can self-refer to our local counselling service, TalkPLUS, via their website:

Young Minds – The voice for young people’s mental heath and wellbeing

Needle disposal (domestic)

You will need to attend the surgery for a clinician to complete a referral form to the local council. 

Protecting you and those close to you from abuse

Abuse is anything that harms another person physically or mentally. If you, or another vulnerable adult you know is being harmed in any way by another person, please Report your concern. Do not ignore it. No abuse is acceptable.

Rushmoor Voluntary Services – Local Support for Local People

The Rushmoor Voluntary Service may be of interest to frail and elderly people you would like to help. The service includes paid-for services for the elderly or disabled such as light housework and shopping. People can be referred by a GP or health professional, or you can self refer. If you are interested or you need further help please contact them on 01252 398451.

Sexual Health Services

For information regarding sexual health including STI testing, emergency contraception and unplanned pregancy.  You can contact them on 0300 3002016, text your CLINIC 9 your postcode to 66777 or go to  

Sickness Certification for under 7 days

Fit Notes are for periods of sickness that last 7 or more days in a row. GPs are under no contractual obligation to provide sickness certificates for absences of less than 7 days. To see how to claim SSP after 4 days of sickness in a row, visit: